Monday 5 July 2010

Hello Dolly

I received this gorgeous set from My Cute Stamps last week and had so much fun playing with it. I love ALL the adorable stamps included in the set and used four of them to create this card:


I started with a plain white card and stamped in black the flower in various directions to create the background. I then had trouble matching the black of my ink with black dp that I had, so I used a sponge and the black ink to create my own paper that would match perfectly! I whizzed this through my sewing machine to add a little detail and then paper pieced the Russian dolls for the centre piece. I also used a black glaze pen to highlight some of the details on the dolls - I really like the effect. I finished off the card with the border stamp & sentiment stamp and some ribbon. 

Thanks for visiting, 

1 comment:

Milliesmarvels said...

THis is lovely, I had no idea you had make the DP, it looks fabulous!
Jane
x