Wednesday 30 July 2014

Bubbly Congrats!

Kate is recuperating today so I'm filling in and I've made a quick congrats card for a friend who just qualified as an accountant and I thought the perfect thing to show off the great Congratulations word die from Paper Smooches was one of our new stencils......


I opted for the Bubble Confetti stencil as it felt celebratory and I used a variety of distress inks and tried to make some softer than others for that bokeh effect that was so trendy a while ago (I'm always behind the trends!).  This is the first time I've used this brand of stencils, and I have to say they are superb, a really thick mylar so they would be great for paste and paint as well as ink, and will be very long lasting (unlike some of the cheaper ones which crunch the first time you use them - yeah ask me how I know that!!!)

I die cut the word congratulations using the really gorgeous Paper Smooches die from some thick gold card and added a few colour co-ordinated sequins to finish.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a cool stencil! Love this card!
Ingrid x