Sunday 13 July 2014

Die-ing to Sew.......

I'm always envious of crafters who sew on their card and scrapbook projects - I love the machine-sewn look but I can't do it myself.  I have a machine - but I am terrified of it!   So for today's project I went old school and dug out a big darning needle, a new die cut which screamed "sew me" and some gorgeous multi-coloured twine and this is the result:


I started with a piece of 300gsm white card - you really do want it thick so you don't tear the holes whilst sewing and I cut a panel to fit my card and then sliced it into two.  I then used the supremely useful new Dots and Dashes Die set from Paper Smooches to cut rows of holes down the sides of the panels ready for sewing.

I loaded my "big" needle with Lawn Fawn's Pink Lemonade Twine (you'll find large eyed darning needles in your local haberdashery store) and then simply laced the panels together leaving a gap (you have to keep pulling it apart to keep the gap consistent) to show off the twine and the ladder stitch pattern.

To add a sentiment I decided to go with a bold die cut and used the Simply Said Hello Die from Avery Elle and die cut it twice - once in hot pink and once in black, using the black to create of offset outline to make it stand out from the background more.  As this fits the current AEIHeartU challenge of "one word" over at Avery Elle, I'm linking it up there http://aeiheartuchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/aeiu-challenge-11one-word.html

I finished with a few gold sequins from the Neat and Tangled's Pixie Dust Sequin Mix.  The sequins have been really popular so all the sold out ones have been re-ordered, along with a new mix which has yet to be released but it  perfect for summer!   They'll be here in a couple of weeks along with the new stamps that are getting sneaky peeks this week on their blog.

We have the new Avery Elle release (and restocks including Red and Goldie and Storybook that we've been waiting a while for) coming to store this week (it's currently in customs clearance) and we have restocks of Mama Elephant following with their as yet to be revealed July release.  Lil Inker's have a new release and that is on it's way along with some restocks - lots of the items we are out of they are sold out of too, but they are getting restocks on 25th July and my order is already in so we should have everything back early August.  We also have a BIG new brand coming - and it's one you've all been asking for so I know you're going to be VERY happy ;-)   That's all I'm saying for now but all will be revealed in a few weeks when the first delivery arrives - suffice to say I am VERY excited!!!!






4 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

This is fab! Love the touch of sparkle with the sequins.

donna mikasa said...

The hand stitched panel is a nice touch! Thanks for joining the AE Challenge!

Yana Smakula said...

such fun design! Love it@ Thank you for joining the AE Challenge!

Diana Fisher said...

Such a fun design with the stitching! Thanks for playing the AEI♥U Challenge!