Monday 6 April 2015

Who's 29 Again????

Hello there :)
I was so pleased when Tara said that Art Impression stamps were coming to the store... the artwork and humour are such fun and it just happens that I have a couple of stamps already from this line :)
It seems you love them too with a few sets selling out over the weekend but luckily one of my favourites is still in store so I can share it with you whilst my order is winging it's way to me :)

Isn't this little old lady adorable, she actually reminds me of my Nan who sadly is no longer with us..... she was very similar in stature and would always try and tease us into thinking she was 21 again on her birthday when we were younger...... she would have really appreciated this card :)
I stamped her first onto a Silver Fox Avery Elle card blank and used warm grey Prisma pencils to shade the lower half of her body, the slight texture on the card takes the colour well from the pencils and blends beautifully using mineral spirits too.

I stamped her again onto some off-white textured card I had in my stash and coloured her in again, using the picture on the packaging as a guide to adding shadows.
To make this layered effect I found it easier to cut the curve first across the image and then temporarily adhere the top layer to the card base, lining up the images, before flipping it over and trimmimg the top panel to fit. Before attaching the top layer, remember to stamp your sentiment, it's much easier when you haven't got foam underneath in various places!!!
29 Again Midnight Collection Notecards (12 pack)

Just a quick reminder that it's Anything Goes week again over at Paper Smooches Sparks blog and we'd love you to put your PS stamps to use and join us...this is my DT card using Enjoy the Show and Sassy letter dies...

Check out the PS Sparks blog for details on how to play along :)

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love what you did with the layered stamping!