Tuesday 24 July 2012

A Retro Notepad

Hiya, it’s Ruby here.  I have a little notepad to share with you today.  I saw this notepad tutorial over at Splitcoaststampers last week and instead of doing what I normally do (filing it away on my pc as another thing on my ‘to make’ list) I thought I’d actually make it straight away and this is what I came up with..
240712
Below is a picture of the top of it, sorry about the piccie, it’s a bit distorted.  It is a perfect square, honestly!

240712(2)
So here’s what I did…. I followed the tutorial over at SCS and stamped the chevron pattern from Lawn Fawn Chevron Backdrops around each of the four sides in black ink.  I added the polka dot ribbon and then the little polka dot button with a bit of twine that I adhered with glossy accents.

The little pieces of note paper were then stamped with that adorable little radio from the Lawn Fawn Stay Tuned stamp set.  I just LOVE that radio, it’s sooo retro!

If you have time this week you have to try making one of these.  It’s a great one to try with the kids, my 12 year old loved making one for her friend and I’m lovin’ having a funky little notepad set in my kitchen!


1 comment:

Helen Berry said...

Ruby this is fab! I think it's a great idea and thanks for sharing the tutorial too ;)