Thursday 15 May 2014

Throwback Thursday

Hello hello!

The nearly weekend is looming beautifully close-and a welcome comeback to the sun! Please last til the weekend!
Ok,so there has been much watercolouring on the blog this week-have you tried out some of the techniques? My card today is very simple,and uses a form of 'watercolouring' on vellum. Nearly impossible with actual watercolours to get a nice strong colour,but you can do it with alcohol inks :-)  


So I used the Paper Smooches Crystal Clear stamps,the Crystal Clear 2 die and for the sentiment at the top I used one on Paper Smooches Vegtastic (another awesome set!) To get the watercolour effect,I put a tiny drop of aqua on my desk,plopped a bit of alcohol over it and mixed lightly (don't over mix-you want that tonal watercolour look,not a solid colour!) swiped the vellum die cut over the ink and let it dry. Then I put a little more aqua down and swiped the bottom of the jar through that. Let it dry and covered it with a very light coat of Glossy Accents to adhere it and add a bit of sheen.

Hope you like it!
And remember there is still chance to play along with the shops colour challenge here :-)
Lou x




No comments: