Monday 26 October 2015

Bring us some Figgy Pudding!!

Hello there :)

I'm all about pudding today... Christmas pudding !!!... with these fun pud shaped cards in two sizes.
I've used the Stitched Arch Dienamics Stax to make these with the smaller of the two being a great size for Christmas table place name cards.


I find it easier to cut two separate pieces to make the card and score the back piece towards the top and join them together with strong glue or tape. The brown spots are added using the MFT Confetti background stamp but any dot stamp would work just as well.

To make the custard, I cut another stitched arch in white and pale yellow and then used one of the Landscape trio cuts to make the wavy edge on the large pud and the Dripping Goo edge on the other.
Again, any scalloped edge die could work here too.


The holly is cut using the Paper Smooches Holly dies and although a plate would be easy to cut, I used one side of the largest frame from the MFT Square Frame dies... just a couple of snips at a 45° angle and you have a nice straight and even plate :)


I enjoyed making these so much I wanted to try a tag too using the Circle Tag die by Avery Elle which I cut in both cream and brown card.... the rest is pretty much the same as above on the cards.

I think these would be great cards for kids to make or assemble depending on their age and ability ... and if you don't want them near your inks and stamps you can use patterned papers or other materials to give the puds a bit of texture :)

Here are the products I've used but really you can substitute lots of others from the store or your own stash..
    Stitched Arch STAX Die-namic  Landscape Trio Creative Cuts Dripping Goo Edge Die-namic
             Confetti Background StampHolly Dies  Pierced Square Frames Die-namic
                                                         Circle Tag Elle-ments

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

3 comments:

Kate said...

Love the pudding tag. I am definitely going to have a go at that!

Donna said...

*Squeals*... I LOVE these... Especially the Christmas Pudding Tag.
I looked yesterday to see if there were any Christmas pudding dies available anywhere. None I liked.
But I like these A LOT :)

Winston-Salem Washing Machine Repair said...

Yourr the best