Saturday 3 October 2015

Combine Different Stamp Sets: Ella and Leaves

Are you enjoying the fall? Me, totally! I love autumn: the light, the leaves, the colors – except for the darker mornings, which make it hard to get out of bed. But to help you get started with your day today, I have a fun card for you.


I combined a Mama Elephant and Hero Arts stamp set – I just thought it would be incredibly cute to have the elephant blow leaves through the air for his little friends. As usual, my color choices were inspired by Pinterest. It's so much easier to find a good combo there than to go through dozens of trial and error runs by myself.


Since the leaves looked a little lost on the card, I grabbed my golden gel pen from Signo and added some dots throughout; I even added a few black dots because I felt that this part of the card lacked contrast. I then added some gold dots on the elephant, just for the fun of it.



Also, I added the sentiment to the inside of the card. I find that it's a neat surprise to see it there when you open the card, and also it gives me more space to work with on the outside of the card.


Thanks for stopping by today,  I hope you enjoyed the project!

No comments: