Friday 28 May 2010

Little Forest Friends

I was inspired by a recent photo of a giant snail on one of my Friend's blogs to use the Forest Friends 'My cute stamps' set which is available now from Make the Day Special. I love the little characters that are in this set and there are so many little extras like flowers, branches and leaves, you can create some lovely little scenes.

I chose to use the little snail and to make a mini card. I cut a scalloped base using my Nestabilities and then cut some new Basic Grey Green at heart paper to cover the base. I layered this with some green patterned paper and some pale blue and sewed around the edges using a variety of stitches.

I stamped the snail directly onto the background with the greeting. I then stamped the snail on to a piece of white card and coloured him in. I cut him out and stuck him to the card using foam pads and added glossy accents to his shell and eyes. I added a couple of flowers and a gorgeous Fimo button handmade by Jane.
I finished the card off with some bright pink stick on pearls.
Have a lovely Friday!
Jane

4 comments:

Poppit said...

How cute is that?!

Lesley said...

Great little card! xx

jo said...

This is fabulous Jane!!!!

Kim Dellow said...

Cute, Cute, Cute with an extra helping of cute! Love this card!