Saturday 19 March 2011

Hello. Hi. How Are You?

I'll be the first to admit that I've never really been much of a card maker, but I'm determined to use up some of my smaller scraps and conquer my fear of small (design) spaces by making some cards. So, in an attempt to make life easier for myself, I've been designing mini cards.

These dinky, little cards have a canvas size smaller than an ATC, so filling up the space is a lot easier than when you're designing a traditionally sized card - especially when you have such beautiful stamps to hand.

Mini Card

For the first, I simple stamped a quote from the delicious All About The Journey collection, added some scraps of paper and a hand rolled fabric rose. All done in less time than takes to make a cup of tea.

Hi Card

The second features one of the suitcase stamps from the A Girl & Her Adventures collection but once again I've used it almost as a background stamp and it's made a plain bit of card into an 'oh so pretty' piece of patterned paper and adds a shabby chic, vintage touch. A couple of stickers and embellishments later and I was done.

Two of the easiest cards I've ever made, yet easily two of my favourites.

No comments: