Sunday 26 August 2012

Alcohol ink and Unity

Better late than never, but I've been busy enjoying the lack of rain with the kids!!

Today I've been playing with my neglected alcohol inks and some Unity stamps to make a couple of cards. Both of them use the same technique:

  1. stamp on to glossy cardstock using Versamark ink
  2. emboss the stamped image using clear embossing powder
  3. add alcohol ink over the image and blend until happy with results
  4. place piece of clean paper over the image and heat with an iron until the embossing powder comes off on to clean paper and leaves image on alcohol ink background

My first card uses the Urban Chevron stamp by Christy Tomlinson:


I added a sentiment cut on the Craft Robo and a Prima flower centre.


My second card uses Bella Doilies:



To this one I added a Kaisercraft rub-on sentiment.


As always, thanks for visiting!!
Jo xx

3 comments:

shirley-bee said...

Wow, both of these are gorgeous! I like how a bit more of the background shows through on the second card - dreamy!

Ruby said...

These are both gorgeous Jo!!!

Anonymous said...

Love these cards Jo. S xx