Saturday 2 June 2012

Insightful Meadows

Good Morning ,
It's the Jubilee weekend here in the UK and as usual the weather is going to do it's best at being so typically British with a forecast of rain..... certainly for Sunday, which is when our village celebrations are taking place!!!

Now if I'd thought ahead and planned this properly I would have had a Jubilee themed project for you, even a red,white and blue colour scheme..... but organisation is not my strong point so instead I have a card to share that I made using the Unity 'Insightful Meadows' Stamp set....


..... well it is blue and white, so almost patriotic!!

This is a little step outside my normal comfort zone as getting inky is a style I admire but never really excel at so  I wanted to use this stamp set because the tall flower heads lend themselves to this technique.
I stamped a scene first on a separate piece of card and used a nestie to select and cut a circular area of the image and used the same size nestie to cut an aperture in my raised panel before part embossing it.
I love the aperture as it means I could attempt a small area of inking rather than a large scene.
The butterflies are punched from a failed first attempt at the emboss resist technique, I think the pattern gives more interest to them rather than a flat colour.
A touch of stickles to the seed-heads and butterfly bodies and it was finished :0)

Here is the Unity set I used and it's available here in the store along with some other gorgeous flower sets that I spied :0)

I'm going to have to play with this set some more and get more adventurous with my inks and embossing :0)

As you've probably already discovered the new look store is up and running with a easy to use interface to help you search or browse the stamp sets, please go over and have a look... there's even a SALE section!!

The 'May' release Paper Smooches are in and the latest Lawn Fawn stamps are on their way ....yippee :0)


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a great celebration weekend whatever the weather :0)

Jenny x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Jenny..One of my all time favourite sets. Just love what you have done with it. S x

Traceyr said...

Beautiful card and I love the effect of the Stickles :)

Chris said...

Beautiful card. Wonderful sentiment.

Love your new look website. So much easier to navigate.

Clair said...

Such a different style of card for you Jenny. But beautiful!