Sunday 26 January 2014

Wreaths aren't just for Christmas.....

So Flourishes week is over and we're now back to normal on the blog so I'm sure the ladies will be  bringing you lots of lovely inspiration with their new goodies this week.  I know the fact that we can no longer stock Flourishes is a big disappointment to lots of you and I will keep checking in case they change their minds, but in the meantime I am looking to see if we can find some new brands that may appeal to Flourishes fans - if you have any you'd like to see in Store then do please let me know.

Right, time for some eye candy and I've been playing with a couple of new WPlus9 sets this week and wanted to show that wreaths don't have to be only for Christmas.


For this first card I used the new Valentine Wishes stamp and matching die set.  I die cut the large wreath shape from white card and then stamped the wreath using two markers to ink up the leaves and flowers. I'll let you into a little secret though - I have symmetry OCD so found the little gap in the leaves on the right a little off-putting so I drew in a couple of leaves by hand rather than adding the flowers in the gap - easy to do if you share by compulsion ;-)  I added a sentiment to the centre and added a couple more flowers around it and added glitter to all the flowers for interest.  I stamped the sentiment that is intended for one of the ribbons just onto a band of matching colour to show they work OK without the ribbons too.  The sentiments can be used for much more than Valentines day too.


For this one, I used the delightful Fresh Cut Wreaths - you get both a heart (ideal for Valentines, Weddings and Anniversaries) and a round wreath that can be used for pretty much anything.  The flowers match both the Fresh Cut Floral sets too which gives them near endless permutations.  I stamped the wreath in green then added the pink flowers in one go (there are flowers that fit in solid stamps ready to go) and then added the purple ones individually so you can build them up where you want.  I went for a simple sentiment.  A little DP, distressed edges and some sheer ribbon and we're good to go - very quick and easy card.    
          

http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk/shop.php#!/~/product/category=3351881&id=32781863




No comments: