Sunday 26 April 2015

Die-cutting Day!

After a full week of stamping, I thought today I'd switch to die-cutting so I have 3 cards to share today made with the new dies from Lil' Inker Designs with not a single stamp in sight!


The new boxed up birthday die is just perfect for making a dramatic statement on a card and it has so many uses.  For this first card I used our own brand of wood veneer to add some texture (these are thin sheets of real wood with a sticky backing perfect for die cutting).  I layered the die up behind the wood with some layers of craft covered with stick-it to avoid any fiddly glueing.  For this card I wanted to go girly so the natural choice was the beautiful new perky posies dies which have a variety for flowers and leaves in different sizes all with lovely stitched details.  Some enamel dots make perfect flower centres.  I added the flowers both behind and in front of the raised die cut and mounted it all on the ever popular quilted stitched pattern die on top of a card base from Avery Elle.



For my second look I used the new petal card die but I wanted to make it feature on a little card rather than a card itself.  I die cut it from a sheet of double-sided paper from our new range from Echo Park, this one is from the Birthday Wishes Girl pad, and then I trimmed the edges off boxed up birthday so it fit neatly inside and simply mounted the whole thing onto a mini card with a coloured matt.   It's displayed on their mini-easel which is a great little tool.


For my final card I wanted to go really simple as I thought the die is so striking on its own it needs little else.  Here I've gone for a quick masculine card - die cut boxed up birthday 3 times from 3 shades of blue card (again with stick-it sheet glue on the back before you die cut to make sticking it together super fast)  and then off setting it very slightly with each layer.  Once stuck together I ran it through my die cutter to get a flatter look.

 
NEWS FROM THE STORE:

  • We've had massive restocks from Lawn Fawn this week (and I've already been given a sneaky peek of their next release which I can't share yet but you're going to love it and my order is already in so we should get it as soon as it's available stateside!)
  • We had Lil' Inker Designs latest release and restocks yesterday
  • We have a little more from Echo Park and Hero Arts which will go live this afternoon hopefully
  • We have the latest releases from Newton's Nook in transit
  • We have massive restocks coming from Mama Elephant but unfortunately they've been caught up in a customs investigation so may not arrive for another week or longer.  They had no release in April but will have a new release on 15th May which I will get as quickly as I can.
  • We have a huge order coming from Paper Smooches with the latest release and massive restocks - they should be here next week with luck.
  • Avery Elle restocks will ship on Monday so they should also be here by the end of the week.
  • Sugar Pea Designs should be shipping soon - I know you've been waiting so long and I'm sorry but there have been a number of issues and now the next release is almost here so both are shipping together so at least we'll be caught up when it finally arrives!
  • We've just placed an order for the next Neat and Tangled releases which has a stamp and die set I know you are going to LOVE!
  • I know so many of you are waiting for Altenew restocks again - they are out of stock at their end - they expect restocks early- to mid-May and I will get them as soon as I see they are available again.
  • We are nipping to London tomorrow, just for a couple of days, so I can see my musical idol Melissa Etheridge so any orders that are placed after 8pm today won't ship until Wednesday.

Happy Crafting
Tara
x


7 comments:

Claire said...

Just had to grab the happy birthday box die after seeing these fab cards!

Tara Cardwell said...

They've all gone now but I've ordered restocks already!

Karen B. said...

Goodness...amazing uses of one die. Love the all!

Lisa H. said...

awesomeness!!! I love how you used the Boxed Up Birthday die on all of these. Congrats on the LID shoutout.

Houses Built of Cards said...

What a fab use of the Boxed Up Birthday die!!! You really had fun! LOVE your flowers on the first one with the enamel dot centers! Congrats on being spotted by Lil' Inkers for You Made It Monday!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Lea Lawson said...

Great set of cards using the Boxed Up Birthday die! Congrats on being featured on the Lil' Inker blog!

Jen Carter said...

Wonderful projects!!