Monday 13 May 2013

Awesome Chemistry


Hello everyone!  I would love to say a big happy hello from sunny Scotland but… it’s freezing today!  And we’ve even had some sleet and snow!   It’s Tracy here from Bluedaisy Designs and I’m delighted to be a new member of the design team here at Make the DaySpecial!

Two things inspired me to make this card.  The first is my all consuming addiction to Paper Smooches stamps!  And the second… hexagons, hexagons, hexagons!!  I just love them!  But I don’t enjoy cutting so when I saw this amazing die from W Plus 9 I just had to have it! The set is called Quilt Cuts 1 and it’s made up of three dies.  Not only do you get the hexagon shapes, you also get the outlines – this one is like a honeycomb!  
The mad, quirky and very enigmatic little scientist is from Paper Smooches Great Chemistry.  This is a gorgeous set with lots of little extras, like the bubbles! 

I’ve used Pro Markers to colour him, and then just layered him up to make him stand out – although I think he does that well enough himself!
 
I hope you like my card for today. Why don’t you pop on over to the shop and see all the gorgeous goodies!  Thanks for looking, have a wonderful day and see you again soon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic Tracy! Love this card :-D

Keren Baker said...

Superb card- that chemist is fun. You have mad colouring skills! (I mean mad cool, rather than crazy mad!

Jenny said...

Such a fun and bright card :0)

Blue Daisy said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comments!
tx