Saturday 18 May 2013

Exploring A Hot Spot (part 2)

Good morning :0)
Okay, first I have to apologise for the title of these posts... it's a bit suspect
 verging on the cheeky but hey it got your attention though didn't it!! :0)

So, I'm back again, as promised, with a couple more cards to share with you using the 
Paper Smooches Hot Spots Large Base Die and first up is a New Home card that 
uses the die as a Polaroid style frame....

 

The retro photograph is still a very popular trend, well it is in my stash *wink*....and there are 
many dies on the market but by using the Hot Spots die to make your own you can have 
rounded corners both inside and out!!

Here's how I did it...

The smaller of the two dies cuts a rounded rectangle that is an exact fit for the space in the 
large die so it can be used to extend the size of the hole in the base die... as shown in the photo :0)

Did you see the grey faux washi tape?? To make it I used the row of dots from the Alphadot set and inked the back of the stamp with Memento London Fog then used it the right way round to stamp the dots on top in Flannel Grey and by stamping across a torn piece of copy paper you get the faux ripped edge too :0)

My next card uses the large base die as is and cut from Patterned Paper,
makes the focal panel for my card...


The window is perfect for framing a scene using Paper Smooches characters, even cheeky monkeys like this little fella who's hanging around!! The ladybird was an afterthought!!....you'll have to pretend he's either in a zoo or it's an exotic little bug :0)

Well I hope I've given you some inspiration for using this die and if you missed part 1 it's here
Stamp sets used: Vogue Abode, Zoo Crew, Love Monkey, Simply Said

Thanks for visiting and hope you have some crafting time this weekend :0)
Jenny x


6 comments:

Kate said...

Oh Jenny...I am almost speechless these are just Fab!... Great ideas ...and another die that i have on my to get list lol.
Kate xx

Christine said...

Jenny, this is GENIUS!
I love this die, but i found it hard to use it in clever ways. You ROCk this!
And the idea to make a polaroid frame out of it is .... i can't find words!
Great ideas, thanks SO MUCH for sharing - I will have to try that!

Christine

Blue Daisy said...

Hi Jenny, I love these - I wasn't sure how I would use this die but now it's a must on my wish list! I also love your colouring on both cards! Just gorgeous!
tx

Unknown said...

I guess I better get more of these Hot Spots in stock,lol ;-)
You are very very enabling Jenny!
Lou x

Ita said...

Hi love the way you made this card,I have never seen these dies,but will have a look,thanks for the inspiration.
Smiles
Ita

Keren Baker said...

Jenny- what a fab set of cards! That last card is brilliant! Love the monkey!