Friday 8 May 2015

Better with friends

Hi everybody,

It's Jill here, I hope you are all well.

Today I'm sharing a card I have made using the 'oh-soooo cute' Mama Elephant's, 'Ella & Friends'.


I fell in love with this set the second my eyes caught sight of it.  It feels like Elephants are everywhere at the moment, and I've gotta say - Ella is by far my favourite!  But you know what, it's Ella's friends who really make my heart skip a beat.  I just LOVE them, and can picture using them in so many different ways.  And here's my card -


  I love how sweet and naive the images in the Ella set are, and wanted to carry that theme through my card.  So, after stamping out my scene, I coloured it using Spectrum Noir pencils.  As I said, the little critters are my true stars, so I stamped Ella off the page to make them the main focus.  Once I'd finished colouring, I stamped out my sentiment, from the same set, in black ink and clear heat embossed.  To keep my card sweet and simple, I added only a little detail beneath my scene using Paper Smooches 'Dots and Dashes' die, and embellished using only a couple of clear gems to incorporate the bubble fun!  



I mounted onto an Avery Elle Notecard, from the Midnight Collection, in a beautiful smoky grey, off-setting it to one corner.  And there you have it.  A sweet and simple little scene using the cutest critters around!

I really hope you like it.  Everything I used is linked below so make you go have a peek!

See you next week.

Jillx

Ella & Friends        Midnight Collection Notecards (12 pack)       Dots and Dashes Dies


3 comments:

Julie C. said...

Such a cute card! Ella is cute but have to agree that all her little friends are even more adorable! Love this card!

Ruth said...

This is adorable! Really adorable! Xx

Jenny said...

Such a cute card Jill :)