Saturday 30 May 2015

Let The Cat Out Of The Bag

Hello crafters, here's Julia popping in with a really easy to make and fun card. I haven't given my stamps from Newton’s Nook enough love, so I thought it would be time to do that. And since I have a cat that likes to crawl into literally every open box that is there in my apartment, I went with the the Birthday Bash set and the cat jumping out of the bag :-)


I stamped the image on some Copic friendly card stock and colored it with my alcohol markers. I went with bright cheerful colors that are appropriate for a party :-) My cat is actually completely black, but since that is not quite as much fun to color, I gave this some tiger stripes. To add additional interest to the image, I used my white gel pen at dots to the wrapping paper and to the bag itself. As you can see, a mixture of bigger and smaller dots looks actually quite nice.



And of course I needed some sparkle and shine. I used some glue and gilding flakes with the confetti stamp from the same set, but you can easily to this with some sparkling embossing powder as well, for example the Hero Arts Gold embossing powder we have in the store.


Of course my Copic markers bled through the card stock and very visible on the other side. I simply cut a piece of card stock that was a little bit smaller than the front of the card and adhered it to the inside of the front panel. It looks very clean on the inside, and from the outside it still looks like one layer card. I'm so happy I came up with this idea because it helps me to keep the look of my cards really simple.

I hope you've enjoyed the card. See you again soon!

1 comment:

Linny said...

What a lovely card. I have only just found your blog today, so lots to go back through. Linda x