Saturday 28 April 2012

Graphically Inspired

Good Morning on this rather damp Saturday, what better weather is there to stay at home and craft  :0)

Today I thought I'd show you how patterns and designs on the high street can inspire you in the craft room... I'm sure you've come across the eye-catching fabrics and household items bearing the gorgeous patterns of  Orla Kiely.... well she was the inspiration for my card


I've used the Spunky Nature stamp set from My Cute Stamp because the designs are all bold and whimsical in style, great for this sort of pattern :0)
I have stamped out the leaves on the cream panel and then stamped the flowers out twice in burgundy and spice so I could cut them out and assemble them to look like they have been selectively inked.
The sentiment is from 'Simply Said' by Paper Smooches, I thought the fun whimsy font suited the card perfectly.

I hope this inspires you to try some designer based stamping, what better reason for a bit of window shopping..... although I'd wait for the sunny weather first though :0)

Hope you have a great weekend
Jenny x


1 comment:

Ruby said...

Great card Jenny! I love the colours you've used, they're really unusual!