Monday 23 February 2015

Watercoloured florals

Hello there :)

I had planned to share a couple of Paper Smooches cards with you today but then my Mama Elephant goodies arrived and I just had to try out the Freestyle Florals stamp set instead :)

Even though there has been a flood of floral stamps recently, these bring a fresh feel with the sketched outlines and they appealed to me instantly...


 This card started out as a one layer card by masking around the edges of a square card base and stamping the flowers inside the masked area. I watercoloured whilst the tape was still in place ( I use Frog Tape because it doesn't allow seepage underneath!!).. the only problem is I forgot it was ordinary card so it warped too much for my liking, hence a quick change to matting and layering :) I used distress inkpads squished onto an acrylic block to add colour.

This next card was inspired by a monochrome challenge and my love of green!!

hhmmmmm.... the jury is still out on this one, I used proper watercolours and definitely need more practice with them!! This is watercolour card which is trimmed and adhered to a card base and the sentiment is is one from Avery Elle's So Happy which is embossed onto a strip of vellum. I love how the vellum softens the edge between the florals and the green card.


Here are the links to the stamp sets I used

                       Freestyle Florals   So Happy   Salutations

Just a quick reminder that it's a sketch challenge over at the Paper Smooches Sparks  this week... I used Sunnyside Up, Cloud dies, Quote Tag dies and We Totally Click for my interpretation.
It would be great to see you play along with us too :)

Jenny x

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'm a huge fan of floral stamps and I love what you did with this new set. I particularly love the green card, it is so fresh and Spring-like!