Monday 13 July 2015

Enjoy the Small Moments



Hello there :)
My card today was a bit of an experiment...... a colouring experiment !! I treated myself to the Stamping Bella set called Forever my Always because I just love the happy couple having a little dance.
I had a go at colouring them with pencils following the picture on the packaging which is a brilliant guide and a great way to practise your shading skills..... I'm not so used to colouring people, give me animals any day ..Lol :)
The couple look like they should be in a photograph though so I decided to have a go at using my Promarkers to make it a sepia image for my card....


For those of you that use Promarkers, I used Almond and Putty for the skin tones then Tan, Cinnamon, Burnt Sienna and Umber for the clothing. I've not tried sepia before and I'm really happy how it came out.
I like the sentiment in the stamp set but this happy couple can be easily paired with many sentiments from your stash.... how about a simple 'Happy Anniversary' greeting?? The Everyday Greetings from Mama Elephant have a few that work perfectly too so I chose this one.
A simple matt of patterned paper was all that was needed to finish the card.... it kind of looks like wallpaper, do you agree ;)

                              Forever My Always  Everyday Greetings
The Stamping Bella line is a new one to me and I have to say they are lovely images that stamp really well and they come ready mounted onto a piece of acetate in the pack for easy storage too :) This loving couple would look great in many colouring mediums and, if the patterns were small enough, you could paper piece them too..... I hope you give them a try even if colouring people isn't your thing ;)

Thanks for stopping by
Jenny x

5 comments:

Ruth said...

This is really beautiful! Would be perfect for an anniversary card! Xx

Elaine Hughes said...

Gorgeous card Jenny!

Sarah G said...

Your colouring is fantastic, Jenny - better than the packaging! What a lovely image and it works perfectly in sepia tones :)

Leda Child said...

Lovely card Jenny!! Where did you get the stamps set from? xx

Leda Child said...

So beautiful the card Jenny. Where did you get the stamps set from? xx