Saturday 11 July 2015

Keeping It Simple

Hi there, Julia here! I hope you are starting well into the weekend. If not, I hope that my little clean and simple card is lifting your spirits.

I finally grabbed a stamp set by Mama Elephant that I had for ages but never used. What a shame; I simply couldn't bear seeing it in my "not-yet-used" tray anymore. And how sorry did I feel about not having used it before, it's lovely! I heat embossed it with white embossing powder directly onto the front of my card. I love how crisp the font is and how legible.


Next, I masked the rest of card off and applied some Distress Inks to create a nice gradient. Since heat embossing resists Distress Ink, it shines through the color and you get a nice contrast. You actually even stop there and keep the card super clean and simple.

I decided it needed a little bit of something extra and so I grabbed my butterfly dies by Paper Smooches again and cut one butterfly which I adhered in the middle of the colored strip.


And that's already it! In total, this card took about twenty minutes to make (including grabbing all of my supplies), so this is perfect if you are short on time but still want to create something that has impact.

Thanks for stopping by! Your comments brighten my day!

2 comments:

Holly Saveur said...

gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Just love this card, those stamps are on my wanted list! Karen x