Saturday 4 July 2015

Howdy!

Well, howdy, folks! Today we'll be using an oldie – the Buckaroo stamp set by Paper Smooches. As ya'll know I love to pretend that I'm one of them artsy folks so I am using watercolor on today's card.


I started out by stamping the images in Distress Ink and then, using very little water, softening the stamped lines and pulling the color into the actual image. Since I tend to overdo it and go too intense, leaving too little space for highlights, I went really slow this time. I let each layer of color dry before I added more.

By building up my color layer after layer I was able to control how deep my shadows were and it still left me enough space for highlight, giving my cacti a nice dimensional look. And of course I had to do the same with the sentiment which just screamed to be colored the same way. I went for some bright yellows and oranges to contrast nicely with the green of the cacti.


Add to that some wood veneer stars that I coated in Versamark and then heat embossed with gold embossing powder and mount that on a panel of green card stock die cut with Wplus9 dies and this beauty was done.

Hope you enjoyed. See ya'll again soon. Yeehaw!

No comments: