Saturday 18 July 2015

Make Your Images Stand out on Craft Cards

Hello crafters! Today I have a super fun car to share with you, and that is both because of the motive and because of how I put it together. The stamp I'm using is from a brand that is new to the Make The Day Special Stamp Store and it is called Stamping Bella.


The moment I saw this girl with the monster behind her, I fell in love with the stamp. That could totally be me :-) I love to read and when I read I usually get totally lost in the story, so monsters, cities, and all the characters come to life for me and I'm literally an entirely different world.


I colored it with my Inktense pencils and actually started while I was in my short vacation in Italy at Lago Maggiore, but it ended up being too hot to do anything so I finished it back home. I will be having a few videos featuring colorings Inktense pencils because I found it quite challenging when I started out and maybe it's the same for you. Basically, you work in layers. You put on your lightest color first, activated with water, let it dry, then going with your darker colors and you repeat this process until it looks great to you. everything in this image has at least five layers, and the monster even ended up having nine.

The fun frame that I created on the front panel is from a die from Avery Elle and I can see myself using this a lot. It just adds the right amount of interest to a front panel without having to add any bulk because of layers.

Thank you so much for stopping by today and I hope you give the Stamping Bella product range a look. They have just wonderful motives and I will be having more cards with their stamps in the future. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Is this stamp brand new??? How did I miss it??? Great card, Jo x

Keren Baker said...

Wow. That many layers? That's commitment ! Love your bright card x