Saturday 25 July 2015

You Are Wonderful

Sometimes you just gotta be bold! What holds true in life also holds true for your card making. I bet most of you have bold sentiment stamp sets at home and you might struggle on how to use them best. Well, today I am using the Kudos set by Paper Smooches and I will show you how you can easily create a simple and elegant card with it.


The stamps in this set are all very large and bold, at least compared to most other stamp sets. They would be perfect to match with any image stamps like critters or even people. But I also know that not all of us have the moneyz for many stamp sets, so I tried to stick with just _one_ set today (gosh, that really took quite a bit of discipline!). I started by drawing a diagonal line with my pencil across the front of my card and then grabbed a grey pigment ink from Mama Elephant and stamped the "you are" as a pattern across the upper part of the card. I also sprinkled in some butterflies (from the same stamp set) with orange ink for a colorful accent.

I gave that pigment ink a quick spray over with hair spray (that helps me to set it so it won't smudge later) and zapped it with my heat gun to dry it. Then I put down a strip of slim double sided adhesive tape (you can also cut a strip of double sided adhesive sheet) exactly where I had drawn my pencil line and poured Microfine Glitter on top. You need to rub the glitter gently into the adhesive and it will not only stay where it's supposed to stay but become really shiny.


I cut down a piece of vellum to cover the upper part of the card and then stamped my "wonderful" with Versafine ink. You have to be careful about which ink you use on which type of vellum. A lot of inks start to feather/bleed on vellum. To prevent that, I immediately dumped some embossing powder over the wet ink and heat set it so it would remain crisp.

I could have glued the vellum to the card base and it would have looked neat, but instead I opted to make two holes and thread twine through them and keep the vellum attached this way.

I hope you like this unusual take on bold sentiments. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, you make me super happy with your feedback!

No comments: