Sunday 2 March 2014

Focal Colour

Good morning - sorry I'm late but I had a sleep in after a couple of very late nights getting all your orders packed.   So far in the ME vs LF debate - it's pretty much a dead heat - you all just seem to like everything ;-)     I know we've had a few sell outs already - they will be added to the next order from each brand so keep an eye out on Facebook for restocking announcements.

OK, so onto today's little bit of inspiration and I decided to use an older set from Mama Elephant that has been restocked - Water Blooms - a really pretty and useful floral set.   I wanted to show you have you can achieve a focal point and background image with just one stamp by changing the ink and paper colours and the current colour theme at Less is More was the perfect way to play.


I took the large bloom from the stamp set and stamped it with a pale green ink onto green cardstock in a repeat pattern to form a simple background.  Then to create my focal point image I used the same stamp but stamped in pale yellow ink onto yellow card stock.  To add some interest and definition, I used a darker yellow copic to add a little shading to this image and added glitter to the dots.    I used the same darker shade of yellow to create a mat to make it stand out from the background.  Some yellow gems finished the flower centres.

I wanted the card for a friend who is just out of hospital, so I opted for a sentiment from Papersmooches from Healthy Vibes which I  don't think we currently have in stock but I will bring it back if it's still available as its very useful for get well cards.



1 comment:

Ruth S, justsomestuffimade.com said...

Beautiful card - I just love this watermark effect in different colours ;) Rx