Monday 10 March 2014

You Old Dinosaur!!!

Hello.... well what a cracking weekend of sunshine and warmth, hope you all managed to make the most of it :0)

For my card today you'll see that my teamie Lydia and I obviously had a similar train of thought when using the Critters in the Past stamp set from Lawn Fawn.... *ahem*...a great set for the older birthdays as well as the youngsters too !!!


I adore colouring Lawn Fawn critters in but with the dinosaurs you have a free rein with your choice of colours, who's going to argue with you!!!...... but I stuck with the usual green and orange :0)

I wanted the sentiment to unfold as you opened the card so on half an A4 piece of card (cut lengthways) I scored at 9cm and 18cm to make a zig zag folded card.

The sentiment on the front is from Say it All and the rest is made up from Jessie's and Milo's ABC's. Did you see how I was able to make some extra greenery to go behind the rocks by colouring and cutting up the head of the palm tree.... I also snuck in a larger rock from the Critters on the Savannah set... didn't think they'd mind :0)

To contiue the theme through to the end I used the solid footprint in SU Sahara Sand across the back of the card and added a bit of dimension with a watercolour brush and the same coloured ink.... the footprints show nicely when the card is closed too :0)

                                    Critters from the Past        So Much To Say

\Thanks for stopping by today :0)
Jenny x

 

2 comments:

G Peplow said...

Absolutely brilliant! I love this card!:D

Kate said...

Great card Jenny :)
Kate xx