Saturday 12 February 2011

Mini Valentines

I'm so sorry that I've been 'Missing In Action' for so long. I've had al sorts of computer trouble, but you'll be pleased to know that the first thing I did when I got my laptop back this afternoon was log-on, knuckle down and start sorting out my Make The Day Special post for this afternoon.

I've got quite a bit to share with you all, but since it's Valentine's Day on Monday, I thought I'd better start by sharing my latest little project. Last night I sat down to make some mini cards to send to some of my friends - just a little reminder that I love them too!

Mini Valentines Card

To make a similar card all you need is a card base, a piece of acetate that matches the size of the card front, stazon, sequins, a sewing machine and, of course, your favourite Make The Day Special stamps.

Stamp your image or sentiment (I used the Ippity You Deserve set) into the middle of the acetate using your Stazon and set it aside to dry for a couple of minutes. When the ink dries, place it onto the front of your card and sew around three edges using your sewing machine.

Leave the needle down, through your acetate and cardstock and carefully stuff some sequins through the open edge of the acetate pocket - make sure that they aren't near the edge. Then sew around the edge of the card a couple more times to finish off. Simple!

With the variety of stamps available from Emily at Make The Day Special, you should be able to adapt this idea to all sorts of occasions - enjoy!

Clair x

1 comment:

Poppit said...

what a great idea!