Saturday 25 October 2014

Create a Quick and Easy Set of Cards

Have you started on your Christmas cards yet? The holidays might seem far away, but if your life is like mine, December gets pretty hectic and making cards becomes a chore between work, family and preparations for Christmas.

For that reason I'm showing you four slightly different card designs today. All of them are perfect to mass produce, either to send out yourself or to give away as a gift.


There's a video over at my blog showing you all the detailed steps, but all you really need is a mask, some white pigment ink, and silver or gold embossing powder. Since pigment ink needs some time to dry, you could sponge all the front panels first, then set them aside to dry while you either cut mats for the panel or decorate the card bases. As a greeting, I went for Mama Elephant's Merry Greetings, but really, any greeting would work here.


If you want to go all CAS and not have any more work, you could stop after putting the cards together, but I decided to use some gems and some sequins for added interest and bling. I mean, it's the holidays! When are we ever going to get away with a lot of bling again (until next year)?

I hope you enjoyed the video and the idea. Let me know which design you like best. I have to admit that the blue and black are probably my favorites :)

Supply List

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love these cards, I'm off to watch your video now. Karen x