Tuesday 9 December 2014

Christmas Mojo!..or lack of it!

 Hey! I had grand plans.
They went a little awry. Awry on account of a slipping mojo.
Turns out I wasn't totally happy with what I'd done- so binned it.
It was unsaveable.
This fared a little better using this fab set
I got playing with this Waffleflower set 'Holiday Labels- Merry' and immediately spied the potential for a little faux subway art in the shape of a Christmas tree. Yes, I know the chalkboard trend was about 2 years ago- but it's still hanging around- and I've not really given it a proper chalkboard look but just gone with the basics.

 Once I'd finished it.. it looked rather..unfinished!
I got my trusty white gel pen out & simply joined the adhesive gems together with a dotted line- these had serendipitously been arranged perfectly for that (love my random subconscious sometimes!!) and it seemed to go a little better.
My second card didn't go to plan either- I wanted lovely sparkly snowflakes & dug out some old holographic embossing powder.
 Should have known better really- should have used some heat and bond type powder with this luscious pot

See the 'rope twist' on the label shape? Created with some dashes of the gel pen. What we would we do without those?
Ahh well- I'm hoping to create some little tag packs for wrapping Christmas gifts with this set. Do go and explore the new stock- there's a ton of amazing stuff here

See you next week,

Keren xx

No comments: