Saturday 6 December 2014

Christmas Wreath Extraordinaire

Last weekend, while I was trying to come up with a card for today's post, I grabbed all my christmas stamp set and kept staring at them, willing an idea to form in my brain. No one was more surprised than me when it actually happened: I grabbed the small stamps from a few stamp sets and combined them for this merry and happy DIY wreath.


I wanted the card to be CAS, but at the same time to be happy and cheerful and I tried to achieve this by using Pigment Inks. The colors are opaque and more intense than regular dye inks that sink into the paper. The only downside is that the pigment inks need a little longer to dry, so be careful not to accidentally smudge anything. Personally, I was advised by the one and only Tara to try hairspray to set the ink and guess what – works perfectly!


I finished off the card by wrapping some Lawn Fawn twine around the front panel before adhering it to my card base, which I had decorated with a woodgrain pattern stamp  so it wouldn't be too plain. You could totally skip this step if you wanted.


Thanks for stopping by, I hope your christmas card making is lots of fun and you'll discover even more uses for your little stamps.

No comments: