Saturday 13 December 2014

Christmas Patterns with Non-Christmas Stamps

Today, I'm bringing you a little international flair – that sounds amazing, right? Well, let me deflate any expectations: the “ international” simply refers to some German stamps (I'm desperately short on time to get my personal christmas stuff done, sorry!) I used a Wplus9 label die to create a few gift tags:

  1. I die cut the basic shape threet times from each color: red, white, and kraft card stock. (I messed up a few tags, that's why I cut more shapes than you see.)
  2. I adhered a white and red, and then a white and kraft label with removable tape and cut them apart with my guillotine. The reason I adhered them together was so the shapes would be cut apart exactly the same.
  3. I used one kraft, one red, and one white label as a base, and then glued the cut apart parts on top of it so I got the neat mix and match of colors.


On each tag, I used the Papel Picado stamp set to create a pattern on the tags. I wanted to go with a "scandinavian" style, but of course that was one of the tags that I messed up. But by using christmassy colors like red, gold, and green, you can create the impression of festiveness.



By simple creating a repeating pattern, you can go for a more playful or elegant look, depending on what you need.

Disclaimer: Since some products are currently not in the store, I'll be providing links to some alternatives that will give you similar results.


No comments: