Sunday 22 November 2015

Chefs and Penguins

I've been having fun with my Stamping Bella images again this week - this brand was amongst the first I ever bought and remain my firm favourite to this day - I have more of them then I should mention!

On this first card which was specially made for a foodie friend, I've combined two stamps into the perfect card for her from me as we both love to cook!


Here I masked off one of the three chicks from Iron Chef Chicks so I could stamp a pair of them at the feet of Chanel the Chef to create a little cooking scene.   The sentiment is from the Chanel set too and is just the perfect quote for me and my mate too!  I coloured them with zig markers on watercolour paper and then used some co-ordinating strips of paper from the Dots and Stripes Sorbet paper pad from My Favorite Things.


I couldn't resist inking up another older stamp which just came back into stock as Penguideer is just such a fun stamp!


I've used a little trick here when working with small images if you want them to be the main element on a larger card without them looking lost.  I popped the penguin up on a little rectangle which mirrors the design on the base card.  This helps frame him but without distracting from the card base design.  I used Lawn Fawns stitched hillside borders to cut the snow drift and the sentiments are from Toboggan Together.  

NEWS FROM THE STORE:

We have the latest release and some restock from Altenew in stock now.

It will be quieter for the next week or so as the only arrivals we are waiting for are some Hero Arts items including the much anticipating kindness stamps by Jennifer McGuire.   Still no update so I will chase them this week.

Lawn Fawn and Avery Elle will both be starting their next sneaky peeks in a week or so - we've seen it already but can't share - but there are some fabulous new things coming with a focus on Valentines amongst other things.

Wplus9 will also have a new release in early December which we will be ordering shortly.

Lil' Inker Designs new release is on order and will be with us in time for release day.

Thanks
Tara


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Tara,

I'm wondering if you're waiting on stuff from Paper Smooches, I'd really like the snowman 2 die for my christmas cards <3

Lovely inspiration as always

DeeDee said...

Love the cards, especially the Chanel chef. I am a new card maker and colouring my stamps has scared me for so long, Could you tell me which Zig Markers you used to colour the watercolour cardstock? Is there any possibility in the future that you will stock markers and pencils ?. Thanks for the inspiration and the store.
Dee

Tara Cardwell said...

I'm sorry Dee but I didn't take note of the markers I used. I have the 48 marker set. I do hope to stock colouring materials in the future.

Tara Cardwell said...

I'll add that to my order.

Tara Cardwell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara Cardwell said...

I'm sorry Dee but I didn't take note of the markers I used. I have the 48 marker set. I do hope to stock colouring materials in the future.

Tara Cardwell said...

They'll be here next week with the new release

Tara Cardwell said...

They'll be here next week with the new release