Monday 16 November 2015

Retro Floral Circles



Hello there :)

My card today started as a complete blank canvas !!... one of those occasions where I didn't have a stamp set, design or colour palette in mind... just that it was an Anniversary card. How do you decide what to make???
Well, I flipped through my stamps and eventually decided to use the Flower Circles from Waffleflower, I've used it a few times before but this time I wanted to step it up a bit and find a 'different for me' colour combo....


I always use pinterest for colour inspiration and use my ink colour swatch to match up the inks I have to the palette. I used a scrap of paper to plan out a design before preparing a card panel, running it through my bigshot with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Border die, then stamping the floral design.


I die cut the panel with the Avery Elle Simply Said: Happy die and then cut three more in brown card.... I did have the plan to add the original word over the brown layers but decided I preferred it with a contrasting colour showing. I used a Winnie & Walter set for the anniversary sentiment and embellished with sequins, enamel and glossy accents...... I love how it highlights those little black dots :)


I just love the colours and definitely not a combination I would have thought of 
without the help of Pinterest ... the retro shades also a great match for the stamps :)

How do you go about designing and making a card? What do you start with?
Do you always use the same process or do you change it up occasionally?? 


         

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

2 comments:

Kate said...

I absolutely love this Jenny :) Great style great colours just perfect!
Kate xx

Unknown said...

Wow! That is so cool! I wouldn't have had a clue how to use this set ... & now I want it! thank you, i think :) x