Monday 23 November 2015

Garden Grown Birthday Wishes


Hello there :)

I'm back using one of my favourite stamp sets, perfect for those green-fingered folks. This time I have used the selection of potted plants in the Garden Grow Stamp set from Altenew and their matching dies which are a must for cutting out those intricate shapes ;)


I started by stamping and colouring the plants with Promarkers and Copics then cut them all out with the dies so I could play around arranging my little display :)

To make a subtle background I masked around the edge of the card to leave a rectangle in the centre. I then arranged all the small words and phrases in the set onto a long acrylic block in two staggered lines, making sure I could repeat stamp them across and down the card front. I used three shades of grey ink and started with the lightest at the top.


I felt the space needed some soft inking to help define the edges, especially around the lightest grey text at the top, so I sponged light grey ink in from the edges and faded it to nothing in the centre.

The 'Happy Birthday' sentiment is from an old discontinued Hero Arts stamp set in my stash that I felt fitted the card perfectly.

I absolutely love this set... so many uses and possibilities and it was also good to remind myself of a different way to use the smaller text stamps in the set too :)

                    

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

Ann said...

Absolutely love the framed background - how clever is that! A favourite set of mine too but I haven't invested in the dies..... yet!!! Think they are on my wish list now. Goorgeous card.