Saturday 5 May 2012

An Altered Notebook

Good Morning and welcome to the usual Bank Holiday Weather we have grown to know and dislike!!

I have tried something new to share with you today and because I have never ventured into the art of altering anything, I decided to keep it fun and true to my usual style.... which means Lawn Fawn and Paper Smooches Stamps :0)

On completing this little 10x15cm notebook, it suddenly dawned on me that I had used a gazillion stamp sets and I now had to list them all on my post...aaarrgh!! So to save my sanity and you the boredom of a list I will just mention the main players in the coloured focal text, although I want to just point out the lined paper background is stamped in Versamark, using the School House Backdrops from Lawn Fawn... such a versatile set :0)

If you're wondering about the large book...it's the pencil from Smarty Pants ...... with a little masking and drawing lines with a pen and ruler I changed it into a book and the light bulb from Perpetual Bliss has also had a makeover with the filament now reading 'Ideas' instead of ''Love'.


I had great fun creating this and I intend to keep it in my bag with me so I have a place to jot down ideas when inspiration strikes. I have yet to see if a coat of Mod Podge would help to protect it from wear and tear.... I added the elastic strap to help protect the pages, so we'll see how it stands up to being used :0)

The main sets I have used are

Thanks for stopping by today and hope you enjoy the long weekend :0)

Jenny x 



2 comments:

Traceyr said...

oo how clever :) I love the idea with the pencil turned into a book and the word in the lightbulb filament.

Fantastic.

Ruby said...

Love how you've used the pencil for your bigger book, great idea! Love the kraft background too, such a fun book to carry around with you!