Monday 14 May 2012

Such Happy Days {Create Your Own Background}

I really went to town with my stamps for today's project. On this one layout, I've used stamps from three Unity Store Kits - Quiet Essence, All About The Journey and Learning Year By Year, as well as Schoolhouse Backdrops, Bon Voyage and Flutterby from Lawn Fawn.


To start with, I dug out some white cardstock, the remains of a chipboard alpha set, some spray inks, co-ordinating stamp inks and, of course, my trusty stamp sets. Using the chipboard alpha set as a stencil, I misted part of my cardstock with the spray inks. Once dry, I inked up some of my luscious stamps and used them to add additional colour and texture. 

Simple though it is, my favourite part of the stamped background is the outlining of the alpha section, which is stamped using the single line from Schoolhouse Backdrops. I purposefully stamped it a little 'wiggly' to add texture and make it look hand-drawn. It's come out really well!


With such a colourful paper as the main focal point of the layout, I only needed a simple, but colourful background and a few, well chosen embellishments. To add a little bit of dimension, I've layered a tag, some cardstock from my scrap box and some additional stamps.

Even I was a little shocked that I managed to include even more stamps, but those cute clouds and the sweet florals from Bon Voyage and Flutterby added just the right amount of whimsy. And I do like a bit of whimsy!

No comments: