Saturday 15 June 2013

Hearts and Crosses

Hello :0).... Jenny here!!

This week has been a busy one but when you 'make' cards you just cannot nip to the shops to buy one even when time is tight and you've left things to the last minute!! I had to put my thinking cap on and make an Anniversary card for my Brother and his Wife... I set out to make a quick card but it sort of evolved into a game.....


When I first bought the Wplus9 Quilt Cuts 2 dies I could see the potential for a noughts and crosses game board so I went with this idea for an anniversary card and changed the noughts for hearts.
I'd love to provide you with a link to it in store but unfortunately 
I've used an out-of-stock product again ... they'll be back in store soon, even better 
if you grabbed one in the recent pre-order :0)
Image 1

Not satisfied with just stamping I decided to turn it into a 
real game with the help of some thin magnetic sheet.
Using a punch I made two small circles for the back of each playing piece and 
adhered a large square behind the grid along with a thin strip lower 
down the panel to store the hearts and crosses on.

A splash of red stickles and a blob of glossy accents to tart up the hearts and crosses along with a simple Paper Smooches sentiment and the job was done :0)


I'm now thinking of all the other possibilities for this grid... 
a simple word game or by adding more you could even make a suduko puzzle????



Thanks for your visit :0)
Jenny x

2 comments:

Julie C. said...

This is a fantastic idea for a fun card! I will have to try this sometime. Great card, Jenny! ^_^

jo said...

What a clever idea Jenny!!