Saturday 23 August 2014

It's all about babies.....

My card making this week has been all about babies as we have an impending birth in the family and then a friend wanted a new baby card making so I thought I'd share my take on a before and after baby card  in one post ;-)

For the "one on the way" I went with Lawn Fawn's Plus One set for the fabulously funny "bun in the oven" image which I just love!


Other than a couple of strips of DP, there was little else required for this card than the great sentiments that come in the set.  I coloured the image with copics and added glossy accents for a realistic looking oven door and popped the cut out image (matching dies are available but I went for the fussy approach) up on foam tape.


For the new arrival I went to Lawn Fawn again but threw in a little Winnie and Walter too - don't stick to the one stamp set or even one brand when you're getting creative - mix and match for a unique result!   I used one little bunny image from Hello Baby and then made a custom sentiment with Milo's ABCs (currently oos but will be back in a couple of weeks and any alphabet set would work here anyhow I just went with what I had to hand) paired with the large Hello from The Big, the Bold and the Happy (again any Hello sentiment would work here or a die cut would work here)


The background to the card is various bits of pink DP from my scraps stash.  I cut a banner using the lovely Mama Elephant bold banner die* and stuck it temporarily to a die cut pink circle before stamping my sentiment in embossing ink.  I separated them before heating to prevent warping and then lined them back up before adhering permanently.  To add depth to the centre, rather than using foam tape I simply cut 3 circles with the same die from thick white card and stacked them up - this gave the right thickness for the banner die to sit nicely on the card.  The bunny was stamped in grey and coloured lightly with copics and then I finished with a few embossed hearts from the Hello Baby set.


[*Please note if you want the banner die grab one now - once they sell out, they will ONLY be available as part of the basic die set and not individually]

I'll be back again tomorrow - sorry if you're fed up of me already - a new DT member will be coming soon I promise - I just need a little longer to review all the applications.....

Tara


2 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Fab cards! Love the bun in the oven.

Unknown said...

How adorable are these cards! the cute little bunny is sweet and the bun in the oven is just adorable :) Love them both! xx