Thursday 3 December 2015

Normal Florals to Christmas Florals



Hi there! Lydia here with you today and I'm in a Christmassy type mood today. I wanted to share with you that any floral set can be a Christmas floral set if you use the right colours, I find if you stick to red, green, white and gold it always tends to have a Christmas feel about it.....



I have used Altenew 'Golden Garden' set to stamp my floral cluster but instead of using the loose second layer for the images I have just coloured them in using Copics and coloured pencils.

I then took I sentiment from Altenew 'Lyrical Script', I just love how these are lines from Christmas carols, some of them actually make me want to burst out into song ;)

I'd love to see what you come up with making a non-Christmas floral into a Christmas floral!

Hugs, Lydia xxx

   

3 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

The flowers are looking absolutely fabulous (and Christmas-y, of course!). Love those shades of red, green wit ha fabulous spark of the gold glitter!

Ruth said...

That's super clever! I adore those sentiments and am now singing 'O Niiiiigghhhhht, Diviiiiiine, Oooooo Niiiiiighht, When Christ was Boooooorn!' I could go on, but I'll stop.... Gorgeous colouring and I love the sentiment stamped in gold. xx

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card and I love the gold sentiment.