Sunday 13 December 2015

These are a few of our Favourite Things.........

As we begin to wind down for our Christmas closure, we thought it would be fun for each member of the DT to share their 3 favourite products from 2015.   Some of these may not currently be in stock, but as always, you can click to register your interest which will trigger their re-order in 2016!

We have well over 4000 individual products to choose from so picking my 3 favourites was quite hard - my favourites do tend to change from release to release.   However, there is one thing that was new this year that HAS to make my short list and that is the miracle that is STICK-IT!   If you haven't tried this stuff yet, I promise you it will change your life.   I am a very messy gluer and no product has really worked for me until this one.   It is so versatile and for working with fiddly die-cuts, foil and glitter there is NOTHING better out there.  These are 4 projects I had in the last edition of Die Cutting Essentials magazine and all featured stick-it quite heavily.



Another item which is going to be a firm favourite for a long time to come has to be the HOOP DIE from Neat and Tangled.   My first real craft was cross stitch.  I still have a lot of kits waiting to be stitched (maybe when I retire lol!) so the ability to incorporate my first love into my current crafting made this die a must for me.  It comes in two parts so you can cut it out and make it realistic and I love to use it with our own brand wooden veneer sheets and grey card for the screw.  Here's my favourite project using it with a floral stamp and a thin pen to create the look of stitching.


My final pick was much harder.  I knew I wanted to pick a Stamping Bella stamp as what first drew me to stamping was my love of "colouring in" and for me this range is the most fun to colour as the stamps are so detailed.   In finally settled on Senior-ita Gladys as she reminds me of my Nannan!   This card I made using her is a simple panel of copic colouring stuck on a base card with a tiny hint of patterned paper to add balance to the design.

So that's my 3.   Hope you liked my choices.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the DT pick as their favourites.   We'd love to know what yours are too so let us know in the comments or on our Facebook page.

NEWS FROM THE STORE

Don't forget -the store will close for Christmas next Sunday at 8pm.  The last orders will ship on Monday and then the website will close over the whole festive period and into early January to allow for year-end stock taking and for us to transfer all the stock to the brand new website!

There will be little activity on the blog over this period as the DT are taking a well deserved break.  I will pop in from time to time with updates but your best port of call to keep in touch is on our Facebook page.   Do sign up for the newsletter too if you haven't already.  We mostly do one or two newsletters per month so you won't get fed up of seeing us in your in-box ;-)

I'll see you next Sunday for a final post , but in the meantime enjoy the DT's favourite things everyday this week!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Love your adorable moonlight fox. Being a real stamper at heart, my favourites are always going to be stamps. Choosing just three is hard. However, three sets that I couldn't put down once I started were Altenew's Beautiful Day and Striped Florals and WPlus9's Watercoloured Anemones. Happy Christmas to all at MTDS Towers. I hope you have a fabby time and a well-deserved rest.

Tara Cardwell said...

Thanks Kate.

Some great stamp choices too!

Tara