Sunday 21 June 2015

For the Love of Bellas!

I know you all get excited when we get new stock - well so do I and our newest brand Stamping Bella excites me more than most.   I've been a huge fan for years so am really thrilled we can now add them to our store offering.   So you can probably guess what I'm featuring for my inspiration post today - yep a whole lot of Bella's - well 3 to be exact.   I also got new Inktense pencils this week so needed a good excuse to do some serious colouring........

Let's take them alphabetically - first up we have "Bree Loves Buttercream" from the new Tiny Townies range (the little sisters to their ever popular Uptown Girls range more of which will be coming to store soon!)


I coloured her with inktense pencils on watercolour cardstock, added a good helping of glitter and then cut her out.  The background is designed to look like the party room that she's carrying the cake to - using one of our real wooden veneers for the floor and adding texture to the wall with texture paste coloured with distress reinkers through the balloons stencil which was sprinkled with more glitter whilst wet. 

Next I went all weddingy with "I do" from the close-ups range.   I think this stamp makes for very striking and unusual wedding cards.


Nothing fancy at all here - simple colouring using the inktense pencils and a hint of shimmer on the lace which doesn't show well in photos.  I die cut a couple of simple layers to mount it using stitched mat square dies.   In retrospect I should have stamped and embossed the sentiment in white or silver as its a little lost in the black.....

Finally is my favourite - probably as I was getting more used to the colouring medium by the 3rd card!  Let me introduce "Sage the Scientist" also from the Tiny Townie range.  I just love this image and can see it being used in a variety of situations - do the little birds remind anyone else of minions????


You can see a hint of the stamp in the corner of this image - did you know stamping bella stamps were blue?  Much cooler than red rubber!

This was really simple too - these images were just all about practicing colouring today.  Inktense pencils plus a little more glitter and glossy accents on the glass which again is not showing well in my photo.  I split the sentiment up to help balance the card, and added some simple strips of card and washi, again to add balance and interest to the simple layout.


NEWS FROM THE STORE

  • It will be a quiet week in store next week - nothing new is expected until closer to the end of the month as the first few weeks have been mega busy!
  • We will be getting Lawn Fawn restocks though if you missed out anything in the latest release.
  • That will hopefully give me a little time to work on some behind the scenes stuff as we have big plans a foot ;-)   Watch this space for news!

Hope you're making the most of the longest day!

See you next weekend and Happy Crafting!

Tara

1 comment:

Jane said...

Stamping Bella are such cool stamps.I love using Inktense pencils for them too,they work really well. Your samples look great, the creativity is contagious one is really fab x