Friday 19 June 2015

The Boys are back in town

Hi everyone,

So, this week, it's all about the boys. boys, boys!


I know it's a bit of a 'thing' that we as crafter's all share a dreaded fear of 'men's cards', but honestly, I think that's only because it conjures up visions involving generic images of golfing, fishing, cars, and gardening!  It doesn't have to be that way surely!  
I'm a massive fan of graphic cards, and love nothing more than a cool background with a bold sentiment - so that's what I went for.



I started with one of the cool designs from Mama Elephant's 'Zennith Borders' set, stamped it out three times, and heat embossed it in white powder to use as a resit.  I then washed over using various blue toned Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Salty Ocean - and set aside to dry.  I cut a panel of vellum, slightly thinner than my background, and, built up and stamped out this huge, awesome sentiment from Mama Elephant's 'Happy Everything' set, (still one of my favourite sets...EVER!), and heat embossed in Platinum Sparkle (...even boys deserve a little sparkle in their world!).
The Zennith Borders set includes a bunch of little geometric shapes that work alongside the different borders, so I took the little triangle from the set, stamped it out a load of times, and heat embossed them all, again, in Platinum sparkle.  I then cut the shapes out, and used them to build up the graphic design of the card.  I fixed my vellum panel to my background by adding tiny dots of glue behind each little triangle, so that nothing would show through the front.  


Now granted, this isn't exactly a 'butch/blokey' card, but that's kind of my point - does it really need to be?  I don't think so, and I know that any of the chaps in my life would be happy as Larry to receive a less stereotypical card!

I hope you like it.  As always, all the products I used are linked below, so be sure to go check them out.

See you next week.

Jillx

Happy Everything     Zenith Borders






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your card, I think it would be great for both males and females. Karen x