Monday 15 June 2015

Gearing Up for the Guys !!


Hello there, happy Monday morning to you :)
I'm continuing the week long theme of masculine projects with a card and gift box for the guys who like pedal power!! I've used the older set from Avery Elle called Roll with it, I love the detail on the bike right down to the slight shadow under the wheels. I used the mountain bike image to stamp out a pattern on my card base and then used grey stazon ink to stamp an image onto vellum too.

I've used the vellum as a wrap on the card and lined up the bicycle with the pattern.... love how it makes the  one stand out whilst the others fade into the background :)


To hide the adhesive holding the vellum to the card, I used a strip of blue card as a wrap down the spine and stamped it with one of the Wplus9 Borders and Backgrounds 4 for a tone on tone pattern. The sentiment is from Lawn Fawns Beep Boop Birthday.


I made a Matchbox style gift box to go with the card... ideal for a puncture repair kit or similar cycling gift or how about filling it with sweets ;)


You can easily find many templates and tutorials online for this style of box and they are easy to make up, here's the net shape of the drawer part of my box, this size can be made from an A4 piece of card :)


When folded and adhesive applied, the tray looks like this... 

The sleeve is best made by literally wrapping the card and scoring around your tray piece... this way you can ensure a snug fit. I used white card again but you can go colour crazy if you wish :) I've used a small circle punch to make finger gaps on each end of the draw.. not sure why as the idea is you push the drawer from one end!!

To decorate I then made a band to go around the box which also prevents the tray from sliding open, I created a variation on the card design using the same products but using the Happy Trails Stamp set from Lawn fawn for the sentiment instead :)

Here are the products used for my project today, click on them to take you to the store  :)

        Roll With It  Borders and Backgrounds 4  Beep Boop Birthday  Happy Trails

Thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x


1 comment:

Kate said...

These are such lovely cards. I think I will have to 'borrow' some of these ideas for my hubbie's cards as he is a bike nut and I always struggle with 'boy' cards!!!