Tuesday 18 February 2014

Come to my Ice Cave!


Hey! from a cold and windy Tuesday!
Thought I'd echo the weather with this little 'Ice Cave' scene. You know, the ones where walkers unexpectedly fall down into whilst walking along snowy mountains. I've used an alcohol and dye ink technique for the background & there's more on how to do that on my blog.
 


I've suspended the 'icicle snowflakes' on blue embroidery thread so they help give a bit more dimension to the card & popped the little seal up on a icy rock to add more perspective. I know we haven't much in the way of snow here- but there are parts of the UK with some and certainly in other parts of the world there's plenty. If you walked into my house at the moment, you'd be forgiven for thinking you were in fact in an ice cave.
http://www.makethedayspecial.co.uk/shop.php#!/~/product/category=2717757&id=12011398
It's only a quick post- it's half term and it's a little 'frosty' in parts of this house too ;-)
 
See you next week,
 

No comments: