Sunday 23 February 2014

When wood isn't wood.....

....it's metal!   Today's card was inspired by this week's Less is More challenge - the last one of our month long sponsorship and the theme is metal.


I started with the super-cute owl from Papersmooches Hooties set - you get 3 in different sizes and there are dies to match so there's always an owl to fit your branch!   I die cut him from kraft, coloured him with polychromos pencils and blended with paper stumps and then redrew the lines in a shiny black pen for a comic book look.

For my branch I die cut a branch using a Clearly Besotted die as sadly PS didn't do dies to match the branches only the owl from some thin copper sheet and embossed it with a woodgrain folder.  The leaves are die cut from green metal sheet using leaves from WPlus9's Fresh Cut Florals (currently oos but more are en-route) and then the detail hand embossed with a ball tool.

I created a background for the branch with a die cut circle of striped blue vellum and added my traditional dotted line finish around it before adhering the metal with glossy accents.

Now, if there is one thing I think every crafter needs it's sentiment stamps and that's why I couldn't wait to get my hands on this new Happy Birthday set from Papersmooches - it's jam packed full of lots of lovely, interesting and unusual sentiments perfect for birthday cards for young and old, male and female.  I finished my card with one from the set which had the right shape and size to add balance to my CAS design.


There will be lots of new arrivals in store in the next couple of weeks - Mama Elephant, Newton's Nook, Lawn Fawn (including your pre-orders) followed shortly by Wplus9 and Avery Elle - phew the postie is going to need a very big sack!

Just a heads up - we're going to be away from the Store for a couple of days next week, so any orders received after 9pm on Monday evening won't ship until Thursday.  Apologies for the short delay - normal next day service will resume from Thursday onwards.

Tara




No comments: