Sunday 13 October 2013

Black Diamonds

It's Tara here again and this week I'm back on my Avery Elle Rounded Diamonds fix...  Well we did have a week off last week for Lawn Fawn, and rumour has it that Mama Elephant will be in the house soon, so I thought I'd squeeze in another card with this versatile set while I can.


Now normally I'm really not a gold girl - I tend towards silver - but gold is this season's metallic apparently so I thought I'd give it a go and I decided to try embossing the leaf like diamond in gold onto black patterned paper.  I've done a close up shot to show the paper but it doesn't show up brilliantly.  It's a black on black floral and I think embossing on subtle patterns like this can give a very classy look.


I also used the little line stamp from the set in two different ways - I embossed it directly onto the corners of the card base to draw your eye into my flower and I also embossed it onto vellum and fussy cut it to create my stamen layer.  All finished with a little bling in the corners and a big blingy crystal in the centre.


Enjoy the rest of your Sunday - if the weather where you are is anything like Sheffield then it's definitely crafting weather!


No comments: