Friday 18 October 2013

Two Totally Different Cards

After a really early night last night I have woken up ready for action.  Action being cleaning the kitchen and having at least 27 tea partys with Minty before nap/my crafty time. I do think that being a Mum is the greatest job but that hour of crafty time is most certainly needed, just to have a little break is awesome as little Tills is a bathroom stalker.... so no time to myself for that little trip ..lol.

Anyways I'm sharing with you two cards today.... I know 5 card shares in two days I have been a very busy girl ;) The first card is just one that I would send to someone just to let them know you are thinking about them and you think they are fab!


How cute is little tea set?!?!? This sweet little teapot and cups are from the Lawn Fawn stamp set 'My Cup Of Tea'. Now in the set these stamps are solid but I have used them differently - firstly I stamped the images in VersaMark ink onto patterned paper and embossed in clear powder. Then using a black fineliner pen I went around the clear embossed image. Cool huh?!?!? I hope I may have inspired you to used your solid stamps a little differently. 

My second card features some items that are coming in the next pre-order to Make The Day Special....... my fave, Wplus9! Whoo-hoo so excited about this one as Heartfelt Holiday will definitely be finding itself in my basket. 



I have used the two stand alone feather dies from the Fanciful Feathers die set and cut a number of them using the same card that I then layered then on in a diagonal pattern. When cutting around this layer I thought I would be fun to leave a few full feathers sticking out. 

I stamped and gold gilded the sentiment and frame onto acetate. I used foam pads so it was raised off the card. As I finishing touch I coloured around the edge of the base card gold so when I added the white layer it would be framed by gold.

Now I'm off for a fake cake and air tea, have a great day!

Hugs, Lydia xxx

No comments: