Sunday 6 September 2015

Alpine Fun

I spent the day at a gin festival yesterday so you'll have to excuse me today as I'm a little slow starting the day for some reason ;-)

I did have the foresight to make a card before the festival though as I suspected I wouldn't be up to doing one this morning.   I really wanted to do something a little different and with all the Christmas stock arriving there was lots to choose from but one set of dies really stood out for me so I started with the Snow Caps dies from Avery Elle and this is what I ended up with.


This is a 3D box frame card with lots of depth and dimension - it works a little like a cardboard theatre if you remember those from your childhood, but the bonus is, unlike layering up with foam tape, this will still fold flat for posting ;-)  Here's a top shot so you can see how it goes together.


It's very easy to make - start in the middle of an A4  sheet of card and mark the edges of your base card.   Score 5 x 1cm lines at either side and cut a 1cm frame from the centre.  Then you simply fold in a concertina and attach your different layers - one on the base card, one in the middle and finish with the cable cars on string at the front.


This shows you the dimension from another angle.  To attach it to your card, you need strong double-sided tape - start with one edge, attach your inner layers and then attach the opposite edge to your base card.

To create the scene used characters from two of the Avery Elle stamp sets - Snow Much Fun and Penguin Greetings along with the co-ordinating dies to cut them out, popping a couple of them inside the cable cars (or gondolas as they called in the USA apparently).   The snowy background comes from the lovely new paper pad Bokeh in the Snow from Lawn Fawn.



NEWS FROM THE STORE

As well as the Avery Elle release, we also received the new release and restocks from PaperSmooches so all of that is in store now.   I particularly like the Apologies stamp set as I asked Kim to design one as other than 'Sorry for your Loss', I thought sorry sentiments were particularly lacking, and she obliged with this killer set with matching die!


We're not expecting anything else new this coming week - there are new releases pending or just out, but we're playing catch up a little with the big releases.  They will coming soon though.  So we will have the new releases from Lil' Inker Designs, WaffleFlower and Neat and Tangled probably by early next week.

Have a good week - I'll catch you on the flipside.
Tara







1 comment:

Tracey T said...

A gin festival! I like the sound of that! Brilliant card, too.