Friday 4 September 2015

Pretty Glitter Poenies On Vellum.

Hi everybody,

Jill here, with some very glittery Peonies...


I used a technique that can achieve, oh so pretty results...


I took a piece of vellum, covered in Stick-It, then covered that whole piece with a fine, white glitter, burnishing it VERY well!  I used these gorgeous Peonies from Avery Elle's 'Peonies' set, stamped out in Black Onyx Versafine, heat set, then coloured over the top using alcohol markers. Now here is where I would like to add a *disclaimer* ...I have no idea what this will do to your pens!  It's an 'At Your Own Risk' kinda thang.  I didn't notice it harming my pens at all, but I can see a lot of people thinking this is ker-azy!  I would say, if you want to try it, kind of 'bounce' your pen nibs over the glitter as oppose to dragging them as if you were colouring card, and make sure you wipe off any glitter from your nibs when finished.  Trust me, no matter how well you think you've burnished that bad boy glitter down...it will still shed!


Once I had all my pieces coloured, I fussy cut them out.
I then made an aperture covered in acetate as a backdrop for my pretty Peonies.  I wanted as much light to shine through as possible to really make them twinkle.  I cut another piece of card with the same aperture, and dry embossed in a dotty pattern.  I adhered my Peonies to the acetate using clear glue gel so it still looks pretty neat from the back.


I finished my card by building up my sentiment using the same Avery Elle Peonies set, stamped onto vellum, and Paper Smooches 'Thanks Word Die', which I heat embossed in Platinum Sparkle.  I embellished with a scattering of sequins, and a few little gems, and there you have it.

I really hope you like it.  As always, everything I used is linked below.

See you next week.

Jill x

Peonies   Thanks Word DieCrystal Clear Sequins




No comments: